Friday 7 April 2017

2017.7 - The Black Spot

He said: “I’ve come to spoil your day”
I smiled: “No matter how you try”
But he spoke on, without delay
He said: “I’ve come to spoil your day”
But we strove on, his news to slay
Together damned the torrent dry.
He said: “I came to spoil your day”
Then smiled: “No matter how, you’ll try”


Today was annoying, and full of things I didn’t want to do (waiting by the phone, nagging people I like, persuading other people I like to do annoying things, explaining someone else’s fuck-up to powerful people), and short on the things I’d planned for the day (data analysis, meeting a friend for lunch to talk about creative websites, taking the next step on a really interesting new project at work). Nevertheless, I persisted.

So a true story triolet from me. Not quite the emergency haiku I assumed I’d need to do, but a short form and a tradition of mine during NaPoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment